Thursday, September 3, 2009

Our First Visit to the Lajaunie Family since their BIG Move to Charlottesville from Houston!

This June, my best friend Mary and her family moved back to the East from Houston. Mary moved to Houston nearly 10 years ago, a few days after Jeff and I were married. She met Casey and they married. They spent several married years there, and Casey was offered a job here in Virginia (Mary grew up in Virginia and the vast majority of her immediate family is located on the East Coast). Long story short, Casey took the job and they moved to Louisa County, just outside of Charlottesville! This was our first visit to their new home, and although the circumstances that brought Kenden and I to town are sad (My Uncle Ron passed very suddenly, and he lived in Charlottesville, so I came to town to attend the funeral), I am so glad and blessed that I have such a wonderful friend who opened her home to Kenden and me at the last minute, AND offered to watch Kenden while I went to the funeral (mind you, when this was going on, Mary was 2 weeks from her due date with baby #3....I was super worried that my insane child would send her into labor while I was gone!). As you can see, things went smoothly, and there was no sudden early arrival from baby Sarah!!

Playing on the Lajaunie's SUPER LONG driveway....so much fun!!




No comments: