Thursday, September 6, 2007

Big Boy School.....TAKE TWO!

Day two of big boy school...drop off did NOT go well. He was hysterical, but I did not draw the process out and I left. When I called 15 minutes later and talked to his teacher, he was playing and doing fine. I called one more time about an hour and a half after the first call and talked to the aide. She said that he was fine, but would go through spells where he would cry. He did NOT want to paint for art today...oh well. However, to my pleasant surprise, guess who was eating lunch with the class today!!?? KENDEN! They grabbed me on the way in and told me not to go to the room because he was eating! Hooray! I waited for a bit, then went and peeked, and there he was with the rest of the group, eating away. They were all so darn cute! And, he didn't cry when I came in to get him today..whimpered a bit, but then cheered up and washed his hands and was ready to go!

Of course, I worried about him the whole time, but it is nice to get some stuff done and have some "me" time. I know that in the long run, he will LOVE being in school. I really think once the cold weather hits, he will enjoy getting away and out of the house, too!

Funny...I have to add that when I dropped him off, he was saying, "No big boy school, no big boy school" and I said, "Yes buddy, you will have a wonderful time with your friends" and he immediately said, "NO WONDERFUL TIME!" To hear a kid who isn't even 2 say the word "wonderful" clear as day is hilarious...even the teacher had to laugh at that one!

No comments: