Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First Day at Big Boy School!



I dropped Kenden off this morning at 8:45 without a hitch. He whined a bit as he saw me getting ready to go, but calmed down when I told him he'd be fine and to go play with the trucks. I called one time at 10 and checked and they told me he had his binky in his mouth and had only had one minor "meltdown". However, when I picked him up, he was over it...binky in mouth, carrying blankie and NOT eating lunch. Miss Dawn told me he'd had a few meltdowns, but when lunchtime came, he really lost it....But, he sat right down with me once I got there and ate his lunch with the kids, then was ready to go. He told his teachers bye bye, and left with a smile. I guess this will get easier as time goes along, but it is never easy to come get your kid and see that he is unhappy (although I know he wasn't like that the whole time). I think Kenden will really get to love Big Boy school over time. Hopefully, he won't go nuts during Thursday's drop-off. He did talk about Big Boy school the rest of the afternoon before I put him down for nap, so I think he did like it, but just needs to adjust!

Funny, a bunch of my friends also had their little ones who are Kenden's age starting preschool today, so we all met for coffee at 9:30...it is nice to have friends feeling the same as me...uneasy, not sure what to do with our time, a little sad, yet happy at the same time! Now, I can honestly say I know how my mom felt sending Tim and I off to school when we were little....change is hard, but necessary and good at the same time. Despite knowing the Kenden was a little upset here and there, I still feel good about the whole experience and I know he's in good hands....

1 comment:

Theresa Perez said...

What a cutie pie with his little back pack. I am glad he did okay and hopefully he will do even better Thursday. I know it was refreshing to have those 4 hours by yourself and I am sure it went by fast. Love the pics, he is getting too big!!!