Thursday, December 20, 2007

Mommy, Cover Your Mouth!

Kenden and I have both had the crud of some sort or another for the past 2 weeks. He started with the runny nose and quickly upgraded to a nasty, congested cough. Mine has been more sinus related, although now, I am starting to wonder if it is more since I have started coughing. Kenden has been to the doc quite a few times in the last week, 3 times to be exact. He was diagnosed with Bronchiolitis and was even x-rayed to check for pneumonia. He is finally on the mend now and back in preschool, but in the meantime, with all the coughing he was doing, he was hearing, "Kenden, cover your mouth" a whole bunch from Jeff and I. Now, I have started to develop a lovely cough. Today, I was sitting on the couch while Kenden was playing on the floor about 6 feet away from me, when I started to have a coughing fit. He immediately looked up at me, noticed I was not covering my mouth, stopped what he was doing, came over and laid his hand on my knee and said, "Mommy! Cover your mouth peese!" with great emphasis. I had to laugh...at least Jeff and I know he HEARS us, even if he doesn't always listen!

No comments: