Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Say a Little Prayer....

I am going to make this quick, but I just got an email from my sister-in-law Carrie (my brother's wife) who is expecting their first baby in late September. She received a call from her doctor today regarding the "quad test" that they routinely give pregnant women to test for possible birth defects, down syndrome, a a few other genetic problems. It is NOT a diagnosis, but it tells whether further screening and tests need to be done. Her test came back positive. They have to go to the hospital this Friday for genetic counseling and a detailed ultrasound to measure the baby and look for other problems, if there are any. The Quad test could simply be a false positive, but regardless, the next few days will be filled with anxiety for us. Please say a little prayer for them and the baby that all will be well. She and Tim have a wonderful outlook and have put it in God's hands, but I know they are worried about what is happening. I will close this with the bible verse Carrie used in the email she sent out because it says it best: Isaiah 44:2: "I am your Creator. You were in my care even before you were born."

No comments: