Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there, in particular Jeff and my own Dad (aka "Papa")! First off, Jeff, you are an amazing dad to Kenden and a wonderful husband to me. He and I are both so blessed to have you in our lives! Kenden has so much fun with you and I am looking forward to watching your relationship with him grow and change in the years to come. The type of dad you are Jeff, is a true testament to the wonderful dad YOU had in your life, and I know he is looking down on you with Kenden and smiling~I know he'd be proud of you. I do wish he could be here to see you with Kenden...I can hear him laughing at the two of you together...I miss him today on Father's Day, as I know you do as well....

And to my dad, Papa to Kenden...I know that I couldn't have asked for a better dad myself! I have learned from you to analyze situations and try to make the best of things~to see the silver lining in the clouds! You taught me that what is right isn't always what is popular and to stand up for the little guy...and if I remember your exact words correctly, "It only takes a minute to lose your reputation, and a LOT longer to get it back"! I hope to impart some of this wisdom and and all the other stuff I am leaving out to Kenden. Just as I am blessed to have you as a dad, he is just as blessed to have you as a Grandad!

Kenden and "Da-da" on the Beach

Kenden and Papa Reading a Book

No comments: