Thursday, November 8, 2007

Kenden's 2 Year Well Check

Today was Kenden's 2 year well baby check up! He did soooooo good at the doctor. I was very proud of him. He got 2 shots today, the hep B and Flu shot, and didn't cry for either one. He had the finger prick for hemoglobin prior to the shots and was so preoccupied with not wanting the Band-Aid on his finger, he barely batted an eyelash during the shots! He weighed 28 pounds 3 ounces (50th percentile) and was 36 1/2 inches tall (95th percentile)! So needless to say, he is TALL, but honestly, I don't care about those numbers, I just like that he is healthy and growing! All of the infections he's had lately are clearing up now, thank goodness (sinus infection, ear infection, eye infection). He goes back in a month for the Flu Booster shot. And hopefully, he will stay well for a while so we don't have to go back. He's been to the doctor 4 times since Mid-September, so it is getting a little old!

2 comments:

Havalynn said...

Wish I could say that about my two when they get shots...you are very brave Kenden. Way to go!
Samuel left his 4 yr check up crying and screaming "I don't wanna turn five because I'll have to get more shots" umm, hello- let's worry about that in a year. LOL :-)

PaPa said...

I love good news. You are so right about the numbers, they mean nothing, but KBT being healthy mean everything...... Tell my boy I am proud of him for taking those shots without a wimper.... I bet his dad wishes he was that tough... lol Be sure to give him a kiss for me and tell him PaPa loves him and hopes to see him soon.

Love:

PaPa