

Swimmers Take Your Mark!

GO MICHAEL!

Kenden and I took a trip to Hopewell while daddy was out of town in Orlando on business. We got there on Wednesday evening and spent the majority of Thursday morning with Nanny (Jeff's mom), then that evening, Kenden and I went with Nanny, Vickie and Amanda to Wood-Dale Swim Club to see Michael swim in the swim meet. Mommy spent the majority of the evening reminiscing about her old swim team days with dada (we both swam on the same swim team for years), and catching up with a whole bunch of old friends she grew up with. Vickie and Amanda took turns chasing Kenden all over the place.
Michael did so well and it was so much fun to watch him. The cool thing was that the starting blocks they were using were the same ones Jeff and I used for years when we swam, AND Jeff's dad made them! By the time we left, Kenden was telling me, "Mommy, I gonna get on that white block and DIBE off"! I see another competitive swimmer in the family for sure!
Vickie, I gonna jump in dat water!

Kenden with cousins Michael and Amanda (Jeff's sister's children)
No comments:
Post a Comment