Okay...Jeff and I decided to go to McArthur Center Mall in Norfolk last night so we could go to Restoration Hardware and Pottery Barn since we are doing stuff to the house. We get there, all is well, and Kenden is playing with the keys to the Expedition, which has a aftermarket alarm on it....meaning that the keys have the remote to the alarm....which means the remote beeps when the buttons are pushed, which my son LOVES. Well, Kenden is happily holding the keys, pushing buttons through several stores, when we walk in to Brookstone. Jeff and I pretty much stayed in one area of the store, Jeff picked a couple things out, and on our way up to the cash register, he says, "Kenden, where are Dada's keys?" So I start checking underneath him in the stroller, all under the stroller in the basket, in the pockets of my diaper bag...NO KEYS....so I say to Kenden, "Where did you put daddy's keys?!!" (very desperate).
Kenden: "Keys in da box"
Mommy: "WHAT??!!"
K: "Keys on da box" (with laughter)
Daddy: "Amber, check to see if you have YOUR keys w/ you for the Expedition!"
M: "yes, they are here"
D: "So at least we can get home!"
M: "Jeff, go check where we were standing in here! Maybe they are under the shelf unit!"
M: "Kenden, where are daddy's Keys!!??!!"
K: "On da box keys"
M (to salesperson): "I think my son has lost my husbands key to the car. It is one Ford Key, w/ an alarm remote. We will come back and check to see if someone turned it in"
M: "Jeff, go back and check again!"
D: "I already did"
K: "ON DA BOX"
Walking out, we glanced over, and there the stupid keys were, on top of the boxes of alarm clocks....No wonder Kenden was saying it like, "you idiots, I said on the box!". When we found the keys, I said to Kenden, "did you put daddy's keys on the box?" and he said, "hahahaha, YEAH!" Real funny....at least it is NOW....
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is too funny! I bet at the time it wasn't but at least you found them. I am sure Gabe will do the same to us too one day!
Post a Comment