Monday, October 1, 2007

MIA, but we're back!

I know....I have been MIA on this thing for a week! Kenden, Jeff and I have all had the "crud" in some form or another. Kenden had a sinus infection, ear infection, and intestinal virus, resulting in diarrhea (fun). I had a sinus infection and Jeff had the common flu (achy, fever, and grumpy). We are all finally starting to feel back to normal! Hooray! Kenden went to the doctor on Monday (last Monday) and I kept him out of school on Tuesday, just to get one more day germ-free. By that time, Jeff was starting to feel yucky. It didn't help that we flew prior to all this, so I am sure that that lovely recycled air did not help...but, on to other things...

Funny story...Kenden, like most boys, has discovered and is fascinated with his po-po (ding dong, not poo poo like crap). Po-po is our word for it. Anyhow, also like most boys, he has been wearing the 2 piece pjs to bed each night. Well, on Thursday morning when I walked into his bedroom to get him ready for school, the smell of urine was WAY stronger than normal. I was talking to him and walking around the room, opening curtains, pulling his clothes out, etc, when I had to just stop and go over to the bed to see what the deal was in bed. The bed, sheets, bumper...everything was soaked. Looked like someone had dumped a bucket of water on it. So, I felt him and he felt like he'd jumped in a pool!! I thought, poor thing, his diaper leaked that bad! NOT....that little stinker had managed to reach into his diaper and pull his po-po out over the top of the diaper so that his "jewels" and po-po were hanging out!! God only knows how long he'd been this way, but judging by the amount of pee, I would say sometime EARLY in the morning, like between 3-5 am. Needless to say, Kenden has been banned to one piece, zip up pjs ever since. I mean, like I told Jeff, I don't care what he does with his ding ding, but he is not potty trained and I am not all about cleaning pee up every morning! I can laugh at this now, but when I was running late and then had to now bathe him, it was NOT funny at all. I basically left the room as it was, took him to school, and came back to clean the war zone.

Boys will be boys, right!?

3 comments:

Havalynn said...

I can laugh because it's not my child...but it sure does sound like something he would do.
This reminds me of the time when I picked him up from school and his teacher informed me that he went "pee pee" outside on the school playground.
Boys will be boys!!!:-)

The Laymans said...

Ah, the joys of boyhood! I could tell some stories, being the mom of two! But, I'll save that for our blog :o)

Theresa Perez said...

That is hilarious!! Gabe is really starting to notice his "huevitos" (that's balls in spanish) and always tugging at them. I am sure my time is coming and like you said it always happens when you are running late. How fun! ;)